At Bend Fire & Rescue there are many career opportunities other than a lifelong career as a firefighter/paramedic. A career in fire prevention is best suited for those with a strong community and customer-service focus. If you have an interest in leveraging your experience as a firefighter, pursuing a fire inspector position is a rewarding way to protect first responders and the community we serve.
Interested Candidates must have the Following:
- Minimum of three years of structural firefighting experience
- Age 18 or older
- High School graduation or GED
- Valid Oregon Class C driver's license
- Three years of structural firefighting experience preferred
Successful Prevention Officers Have:
- Strong customer service skills
- High level of professionalism
- Sound judgement and decision making
Components of the Testing Process:
- NeoGov application
- Oral interview
Fire Inspector Job Description
Interested in testing to be a Prevention Officer?
First, complete our interest card. The interest card allows us to notify you when we are testing for a position within our department.